Thread: What The Heck!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 08:35 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What The Heck!

They can't even make up their own minds!

I got into this because they used SYN 3 in all three holes??? For the 1 K service.

I am going to change the trans to synthetic hypoid gear oil, just because there are hypoid gears in there with high shear wear conditions.

> Formula + Transmission and Primary Chaincase Lubricant, (as taken from their web site)

Developed with a proprietary mineral basestock formula and TESTED-CERTIFIED by Harley-Davidson Motor Company, Formula+ is blended to provide lubricity for the anti-wear requirements of transmission gears. Formulated to maintain the coefficient of friction for proper clutch operation and provide adequate lubrication to the primary chain, this lubricant is approved for use in all stages of transmission and primary chaincase life. Not for use in the crankcase as a motor oil. '84-later Big Twin models with wet-type diaphragm spring clutch. Every 10,000 miles, or prior to winter or extended storage periods. All Big Twin models. Every 20,000 miles, or prior to winter or extended storage periods. '71-later XL and '83-'84 XR1000 models. Every 10,000 miles, or prior to winter or extended storage periods. Formulated for use in Harley-Davidson Transmissions and the following Primary Chaincase applications: '71-later XL, '83-'84 XR1000, '08-'13 XR, and '84-later Big Twin models with wet type diaphragm spring clutch. Not for use in '02-later VRSC™ or '15-later XG models

> SYN 3 Premium Level oil: (from Harley website)

WHY IT'S BETTER
Exclusively designed for Harley-Davidson®, SYN3® has the optimum blend of additives, providing your motorcycle with the best level of protection. Backed by hundreds of thousands of miles of testing, SYN3® benefits include:
Our engineers have tested powertrains under controlled environments to make sure every additive is the correct additive and the right amount. The end result is the best oil you can buy for your Harley-Davidson® powertrain.
Formulated to improve wear protection, reduce oil consumption and reduce engine deposits.
Oil will not break down under hot temperatures and will remain stable and not “gel” when the temperature is cold.
Premium detergents keep engines, transmissions and primary chain cases cleaner.
Meets the anti-wear lubricity requirements of all transmission gears.
Gives proper lubrication to all primary chain case components.
Delivers smooth, sure clutch operation.

Improves seal and gasket performance.
Offers superior performance in high-output engines.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...