View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

xcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girlxcelr8 is a rotten little girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
I wasn't trying to sell Jim on a SERT I was trying to steer him away from the DTT type auto tune systems. I think your correct for the typical stage 1 bike the canned download is all they need. My bike is a looooonnnng way from being able to use a canned download. I wasn't trying to squeeze the last bit out. But it was sold to me as a really easy to use tuner that would allow me to make changes to my engine and not have to pony up 2 or 3 bills for a dyno tune everytime. If you have hours to spend riding and then looking at log files to sort out what is going on you can get a decent tune out of it but I don't think it can touch the SERT for ridability/reliability if the SERT is in capable hands. I think who ever it was over at VTF that said using anything but a SERT is a mindfck for the PCM was right.

Joe
Totally agree. The canned dowload is for us guys who have no intention of going beyond pipes and an air cleaner. The SERT is fantastic (or so I've heard) for those guys who like to play with their motors.