Thread: '08 FLHTC
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Well, I broke down and got a new Electra Glide Classic. Here are my first impressions.

The Motor/Trans combo is a winner. I'm still on break in miles, but there seems to be more power on tap at all times than with my 88 Stage 1. I have done nothing to the bike, and I could live with it "as is" including the stock mufflers.

The main difference between the fairing and the road king windshield is the provision for a radio, and gauges. The air coming around to the rider is very similar.

The EG actually seems much smaller. I feel like I am much further forward, and as a result the bike feels tiny. That will probably change a little when I change seat and bars. The seat is real close to being okay, but If I am going to travel, I want better. The bars are 3" too low for me. Any suggestions?

6 gallon tank is wider. Not a problem, but noticable.

Love the electronic throttle. You need to give more gas in first, while starting, or you bog a little. I think all the gearing is different on this bike, and first seems taller. There is less gear whine than my 5-speed had. Mine had a noisy 4th gear. The 6-speed is quieter in all gears.

I went through my favorite twisties an average 5 mph faster. Probably a function of new shocks, versus my worn ones.

Momma rode on the back last night and proclaimed she liked it better. .........

...............so do I.

P.S. If there is any way you can get the Brembo brakes for your bike, do it. Don't worry about the cost, spend the money. You will be so glad you did. I love these brakes. No comparison.
...so much for "as is"....

...didn't even last 2 paragraphs....
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)