View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 08:34 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
The Four Points of the Solstice Day 1

Backroad Mike and I did it. The four compass points of Virginia on the Solstice Day in daylight hours.

The day before (Saturday) we left from his place, went by the Motorrad dealer so I could pick some some new gloves, and from there headed to Maryland via the (not-so-) Nice Bridge and up through Chuck County in search of a cup holder for the Gumby Glide. Got to All 'Murican HD in Hughesville and this happened...

And within minutes of Mike telling me the story of meeting the owner the last time he was there, she came out just as we were leaving (without cupholder) and chatted with Mike for a couple minutes.
From there we went to Annapolis via Lexington Park (MD Rt. 2? Just say no.). Got an ok lunch at a place hoping traffic would thin on the Bridge (it didn't). Mike called Eastern Performance and we headed there hoping to bypass some of the backup on 50. Cupholder secured, we found some local slog, saw the parking lot on 50 , Mike figured out another way, and we managed to miss the worst of it. From there it was an uneventful ride down the Eastern Shore of MD to the Northern Neck of VA. We split up and went to our motels for the night.

Key Takeway - Avoid the Maryland Bay Bridge right now if you can. The old toll plaza has been demolished and construction has made it a mess on the Annapolis side. Next, the big ride.