View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 08:33 PM
Under Construction

Last Cigar Smoked: Robert Burns Blackwatch, in the '70s
TalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTalonChief has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have some stenosis as well, which caused similar tingling. After a bunch of "hmmmms" and "ahhhhhs" from various docs, I went to see a PT in Destin named Scott Russin. He takes care of professional athletes and occasionally us mere minions as well. He gave me some exercises using freakin' 2lb weights and rubber bands that flat wore my ass out, but I don't have tingling issues anymore--and my posture is better.

One of the major antagonists to this problem is internal rotation, which is your shoulders essentially being pulled fwd by your pecs. Our modern propensity to over-develop pecs and ignore our backs, and then sit in front of computers all the time exacerbates the condition. This closes up the conduit through your shoulder joint where the nerves that are already being pressed in your vertebrae have to transit. If you're interested, I can write up the regimen. In the meantime, consciously think about keeping your shoulders pulled back. You might be surprised at how fast your body will just fall into that fwd posture without you knowing.
Somewhat dilapidated, yet functional, Kubota L2500
'20 Branson 3620
'18 Ram 3500 Diesel
'02 Wrangler X, 4" lift on 33 x 12.50s
Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140
Felt Nine 50
Killin' more bees than Monsanto