View Single Post
Old 09-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Did you try out the ABS?

I wouldn't trade my ABS for nothing
Didn't get a chance.

The demo ride consisted of a local H.O.G. ride leader and, I think, 12 or 15 demo bikes.

The ride itself was prolly 20 min. long. We were led through the countryside west of Kenosha.

I was fourth bike in the pack, had a goof on my wing ridin' an XR1200.

I don't think there were but a few seasoned riders in the group, judgin' by ridin' technique. They actually made me look pretty good.

But because of unknown rider ability, the group leader kept things pretty sedate. There was really no opportunity to push the bike real hard, although I did get a chance to attempt some major downshift/hard brake/dive for the apex/power out of the turn stuff on a quick series of 15 mph, 90° turns.

But the XR goof was crowdin' me a bit, and the dude on the v-rod in front of me poked through said corners, so I didn't really get a chance to do what I really wanted to do...

It was basically a playin'-around ride for me. Tried some slow race stuff at one stop sign. I giggled at that. I love not puttin' my foot down while creepin' the bike forward, using the clutch, rear brake and throttle input to hold the bike up. Slow race.