View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 10:01 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
I have some stenosis as well, which caused similar tingling. After a bunch of "hmmmms" and "ahhhhhs" from various docs, I went to see a PT in Destin named Scott Russin. He takes care of professional athletes and occasionally us mere minions as well. He gave me some exercises using freakin' 2lb weights and rubber bands that flat wore my ass out, but I don't have tingling issues anymore--and my posture is better.

One of the major antagonists to this problem is internal rotation, which is your shoulders essentially being pulled fwd by your pecs. Our modern propensity to over-develop pecs and ignore our backs, and then sit in front of computers all the time exacerbates the condition. This closes up the conduit through your shoulder joint where the nerves that are already being pressed in your vertebrae have to transit. If you're interested, I can write up the regimen. In the meantime, consciously think about keeping your shoulders pulled back. You might be surprised at how fast your body will just fall into that fwd posture without you knowing.
That's the god's honest truth. It was so bad that I couldn't lie flat for the MRI 18 months ago. I do doorway stretches - lots of them - every day, as well as a bunch of other stretches. The worst thing for me? It was my damn progressive-lens bifocals. I was looking up to read my computer at work, and it screwed my posture up big time. Between that and the sciatica I could barely walk, much less ride.

I had to wear what looked like a shoulder holster that pulled my shoulders back for about a month. I've gotten much better about my posture, which was probably why the old bars started bothering me so much.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)