View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 01:51 PM
Augmented

Last Cigar Smoked: Saf Fran OG
Turbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sockTurbo Turtle doesn't need a tube sock
Clutch pack/Primary alignment issue

Well, this is for my mechanically minded doof and zint friends. I just replaced my stator and rotor assembly and up installation of the clutch pack I find the clutch hub and shell assembly now seats further in than it should and is making overlapping contact with the starters pinion gear. I just don't get it.
A friend stopped by and noticed the inner bearing race in the primary case was not completely aligned under the roller bearings. Might could this be the cause of the hub dropping to far onto its shaft.
I'm stumped and now packing to work down Pecos Tx way for the next two weeks, so no time to work on it till my return. I'm really not thrilled with the thought of subbing the repair out
Does anyone have any ideas why this has happened and know of a remedy. Thanks in advance for all positive and/or negative aid and belittlement and finger pointing

BOB

L.Ron Hoover Welcomes you to the
First Church of Appliantology

Last edited by Turbo Turtle; 09-16-2018 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Because I can