View Single Post
Old 01-15-2016, 08:45 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Buy it already, so I can borrow it!

Alrighty. I bought it . . . . well, not the same one.

The AHP TIG/stick welder was on eBay for $680.00. Spent hours and hours reading all the reviews by independent users. It looks really good.

Well, they were out of stock. Other sources were out of stock, too; but their price was $799 or $800. So I emailed the US distributor and learned that I'd get their new model if I bought now at $680. Delivery was expected in February. No tax and only $30 shipping. So I bought.

Two days later, I get a notice that mine is being shipped. I checked Amazon and they'd raised the price to $800! Mine is coming for $680, direct from the distributor. The $680 hit the CC when shipped.

It arrived 5 days later; everything I expected it to be. Now I'm learning how to TIG. It's really a lot of fun to make clean precise welds with no smoke, fumes, or spatter. It's just like you see on those motorcycle and auto customization shows on TV. Having a ball with it. Haven't tried welding aluminum yet. Want to master steel first. I'm making a lot of rookie mistakes. It's kind of like torch welding, except it's electric. I used to weld motorcycle flat track shoes for my boss at the H.... shop in S. Florida using coat hangers and torch. This is kind of like that without the impurity popping in my face.

AHP TIG Welder