View Single Post
Old 07-03-2018, 11:00 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
K & P oil filters

Well on my long trips, where it may need an oil change along the way, I use one of my K&P oil filters.

I do a quick and dirty oil change, if needed, where I drop all three quarts and refill it and leave the K&P in place.

This past trip I didn't have to do that, but as was really close to the 5 K change, I changed it once I got home.

Removed the K&P and found some metal "dust" on the magnet, I can't recall if this is normal as in the past when I changed oil.

Anyone else out there running the K&P see this when changing the oil?

As I am taking it to the dealer next week to have them flush the ABS and check for the ongoing exhaust leak, I always install an official HD oil filter so they don't get all overly excited seeing non Harley things on the bike.

Also fresh HD spark plugs, because you know, those evil NGK's or Denso spark plugs will cause exhaust leaks . . .

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...