View Single Post
Old 10-22-2019, 07:47 AM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Congrats and welcome to the Ape Hangers Club. I went that route years back for neck and shoulder relief. Only went 12", but what a difference. I didn't install heated grips though. Sometimes think maybe 13" or 14" would have been better, but hands nearly level with shoulders and and a good 2" above the fairing. This causes additional cold to the hands in winter and hot sticky bugs in summer, but I'll never go back to anything lower.

I remember you being unhappy with the WO575s we installed on your old bike and that you went higher on the Street Glide. Between some stenosis in my neck and the back surgery, I was getting pain on the ride to and from Toledo last month and realized that I needed to try something or I wouldn't be able to ride for more than an hour or so.

I haven't done any long rides since the install (2 hours max, I think), but without having to think about it my back stays straight and my shoulders stay back. I've had zero tingling or numbness in my fingers. Though I'm not a fan of the ape "look", they're going to allow me to keep riding. More than that though, with no pain I want to ride more.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)