View Single Post
Old 02-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Even though JD's Cycleworks is a sadly fading memory....

I cannot say enough about how awesome Dave is.

Dave picked Vader up from me at Thanksgiving to get the oil tank swap finished up. While he had it, he changed out the engine fasteners to 12-point SS, fixed a broken compression release, diagnosed (and replaced) a leaking in-tank fuel line, re-dynoed it (f-n thing is still making awesome power), and cleaned it.

Oh, and he left me J's kick-ass 95" Dyna to ride (which someone here should buy, the bike is just silly fun).

So he was planning on bringing it back down next weekend when he and Wise Dave came to visit for the Timonium bike show. But they're calling for a freaking blizzard next weekend, so.....

......He and J drove down here today to drop off Vader and pick up BOPS (Big Orange Piece 'o $hit). Let me say that again.....Dave and J drove 400 miles round trip to drop off and pick up a bike for me.

Never mind that I know that my bike was worked on by one of the best (if not the best) Harley guy in the country. Never mind that I was charged a completely fair price. Never mind that the staff at Pocono Mountain Harley has been fantastic to deal with.

I know that everything was done right, and I know I'll feel the same way in a couple of weeks when BOPS is done. I have no issue dealing with a dealer that's 200 miles away, because I know I'll be taken care of there.

I'm proud and humbled to call Dave and J friends. Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0070.jpg (96.2 KB, 131 views)

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)