View Single Post
Old 07-01-2017, 09:07 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by TalonChief View Post
I have 12lb of ground beef and pork that will become 6 loaves of smoky deliciousness on the 4th. I use what amounts to an Italian Meatball recipe w/ some added A1 or Worcestershire and smoke it hot, like 300*, until done. Sometimes I sauce the tops and let that caramelize. I've also used pork rinds in place of the Italian bread crumbs to get the carbs back down to Paleo-/Diabetic-friendly levels. It's pretty freakin' stupendous either way.

General recipe
1. Equal parts ground pork/80% beef
2. Italian bread crumbs or smashed pork rinds
3. Eggs
4. A1 or Worcestershire
5. Salt
6. Pepper
7. Other accouterments as desired--jalapenos, shrooms, cheese, etc.

I don't really measure any of that, just add eggs and crumbs to the meat until it feels right. I mix it to a consistency that I can just put heavy foil on my grates and place the loaves directly on that vs using pans.
Oh damn that sounds good!

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)