View Single Post
Old 06-06-2013, 06:27 AM
Smuckin' Fartass

Last Cigar Smoked: Olivia Nub Maduro
Woody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sockWoody218 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infidel! View Post
Hydraulic clutch, abs needs dealer intervention, wires need to be extended. Sounds like a royal PIA, maybe worth a grand to have the dealer do.

When I did the swap on my 2010 it was a pain seeing the colors on the wires. Make sure you have good light. I know when I was done I turned the radio volume up and the left turn signal activated. Had to go back in and figure out where I went wrong.

Also, Wild 1's told me there was no need to change clutch or brake lines. They lied. Turn the bars all the way to the right and the clutch would disengage.Do yourself a favor and get some 2-3" over lines and cables right off the bat.
After reading the shop manual last night, I have concluded that this is going to be a pain in the ass! With ABS brakes, the dealer has to hook the Digital Technician to the bike to make sure the braking system is bled correctly. To replace the line from the front master cylinder to the ABS unit requires stripping the right side of the bike and taking the gas tank off so you can get at the ABS unit mounted under the tank...

I may just as well take it to the dealer and have them put the friggin' bars on and be done with it!