View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 05:58 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Three full days, I reckon, to run the tour. I'm showing 1158 miles, more or less.

I'm done amending this thing. 27 towns/town halls/crossroads-in-the-middle-of-nowhere, all related by name to European villages/cities/states/countries oughta keep those who wanna get involved awful busy.

Imalone was added for whimsy.

Mileage has increased since the tour ideer first came together, substantially so.

I did random google street views of the route. If anything, the roads and scenery will be, for the most part, challenging and varied.

The roads are primarily Wisconsin state highways and county 'alphabet' roads. There are a few federal highways and less traveled township roads included in the tour.

Only two nights lodging will be required, and I've done initial interwebs scouting at logical day end points. Decent mom and pops are at both, with larger chain-type inns available nearby, if need be.

Dining options are plentiful. One will not go hungry on this ride, for sure.

And then there's the kitschy roadside attractions that'll take no effort to find, like the Hodag in Rhinelander........

I don't know if or when this thing will ever happen. It should be fun, tho, if it does.

Last edited by orbit; 12-30-2013 at 10:03 AM.