View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Dirty Dirk, Canadian Doof

DAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milkDAK47 stays crunchy even in milk
Have To Be A Little Daft.....

And a touch soft in the head, to tear into a older home where some "handyman" has done the finish on a basement. We bought this house from a city of Kelowna building inspector, who prided himself in his skills as a wanna be contractor. I smelled BS right away, but the house needed work and was priced cheap with his impending divorce and all...

The upstairs we have almost completed, with none other than a few suprises, but you can sure tell where this scab picked up the tools in the basement. Just wanted to upgrade to decora plugs and switches for the new gym, such a simple thing and what a pain in the ass.
Instead of splicing in the box he went in and out with the quick wire system on the receptacle, nice and illegal, needed to splice and pigtail everything in the box. Had to pull another feed, so 20 plugs and lights weren't on a circut...... The most minor but irritating of all, he must have had the plugs on before drywall went up, you can see how he routered around the receptacle tabs, causing the plugs to be recessesd to the box not the board and having wall plates all distorted and sucked in looking like ass. Fiddling around with washers forever to get the spacing off the box right, had to come up and type and give my knees a minute.

The laziness not to be able to pull the plugs free from the box to board is pretty amazing to me. The length that some people go thru to scab work together Ahh, well - only took me 7 years to get to it

Rant over, carry on;
Dirk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg plug 002.jpg (46.3 KB, 48 views)