View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 10:53 PM
Buffalo Hump

fxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suckfxr4mikey can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
With the lower end still assembled, and the primary still attached, I put the bike in neutral and rotated the crank by hand. Looking for any points where the rods were not easily moved for/aft. Checked this at numerous points of rotation. Never did I feel any tightness. Crank measured runout was .006.

That will be the next step. Without removing the inner cam bearings they APPEAR intact. Gerotors were very bad.

Only thing I know now is something went through the motor on my way home from Texas when I was coming through eastern Kentucky about 2:00 am. By the time I got home and rode it over to a friends shop the knocking was much worse. When I got home pulled the oil drain plug and found metal pieces on the plug magnet.

Not saying this was the cause, but I was just a tad hard on the bike the way I was riding in the hill country, and then again when in the hills of northern Arkansas on the way home with Mikey and Bob.
I was pushing mine as hard as I could, but compared to you and Bob my bike was just out for a Sunday ride ....

States I've ridden my scoots in: