View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 01:19 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Thanks for the help, guys.
Christmas and New Years is frustrating me because the pole frame company ( the only one who builds in my city) is closed for the whole two weeks and ,dammit, I have questions!!!
The city has somewhat more stringent requirements than other locales and this one company has drawings on file here and a history with them.
The concerns and suggestions y'all have along a bunch of my own will be fired at them Monday.
The lumber in the ground will be in concrete and additionally, " post covers" are available.
The posts are on ten foot spacing sand the trusses on five foot.
The 'standard package' offerings are 24/30
30/30
30/40 etc.out to a 90' span.
PermaCast footings might be available
There is plenty of access for cars; the back yard is 80 e-w and/120 n-s. and the house faces East with 11' available on the North end for a one car drive. The South has about 40' and a double gate. The yard would not support a concrete truck so they'll probably hafta pump it over the house from the driveway.
I'm unsettled on placement and size due to power line easement issues.
I'd love to put the building in the NW corner but the best I'm allowed is 20' from back fence and 3' from the North. That put it in essentially the middle E-W and 30' from the hour.
I want a 30/40, but I just seems it would encroach too much on the deck and the "view"'.... If twenty foot tall wisteria could be a view.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 01-01-2014 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Windy