View Single Post
Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 AM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
It is!

I was thinking that it would take an over-nighter to visit Arches, Dead Horse Point, etc. in Moab. But maybe not.

Leaving by 7AM should get us to Moab by 10AM. Dead Horse Point will take another 1-1/2 hours if we don't lollygag too much once we get there. It's a beautiful place, hard to keep from lollygagging.

Then, back into Moab for some Italian food? There's an Italian restaurant downtown that I think is extremely good. It has indoor and outdoor seating. I don't think there are any places to eat north of Moab (where the two attractions are), so after Dead Horse Point, we'll be quite hungry.

Then, back up north 2 or 3 miles Arches. Arches will take 3 hours (if we want to get off our motorcycles and take the short walks to stand under arches, etc). By then, it'll only be about 5PM, should get back to Cortez before sundown.

At least that's my suggestion. Should probably do it in smaller groups because some will want to stop at every photo-op and scenic overlook; and some already have all those pictures and will want to continue on.

Dan and I have been to all the places at least a couple of times. Those that haven't won't be disappointed.