View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 05:00 PM
Smoker of Tires

Crabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withCrabby Appleton is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
I've seen some pretty badass motors built, but they end up being labor intensive to maintain and keep running. I get that some are willing to pay that price for grin factor, just curious where that sits in your decision to build such a motor.
this guy is pretty innovative...his motors aren't any taller than stock so there's no height issues (he raises the pin location on his custom made pistons)...they don't need special fuel (all his tests are done with crap gas)...and thats runnin 11 to 1 to 11.5 to 1 comp ratios....I'm pretty confident that his motors while probably aren't good for touring bikes (but honestly I'm not sure)...its going to be plenty good for what I want...its going in the Chop as the cherry on the top kinda thing eventually....it won't happen quickly...he's a one man operation and has 17 billet head orders ahead of me (thats 15 hours run time EACH on the pair PLUS porting and assembly)