View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 11:31 AM
the camera guy

Captain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sockCaptain 41 doesn't need a tube sock
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
I edited above, sorry.
How do you ride? Occasional stop light races? Loaded two up touring? Trailer?
Unless you are doing something in those areas, or you are experiencing slip, the stocker is likely sufficient.
Upgrading choices really depend on your riding style.
A VPC isn't really an advantage for heavy touring. Its forte is high RPM and you actually LOSE clutch grip at very low RPM. (But the lever pull is light! .... until you rev it)
For heavy touring, trailers, the SE spring does more for you, gripping at low engine speeds but lever effort is annoying.
If you really want to thrash it hard, have a really stout setup all across the range, the Bandit is the way to go.... but that is way overkill if you don't need extreme

Edit: BTW: cone riding motor cop style is tough on any clutch.

Guys with lots of experience in that game (KenR, Infidel, others) could weigh in on what works best for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats the exact issue I'm feeling, losing clutch grip at low RPM with the VPC. I don't do any of the above (stop light racing, riding two up or hauling a trailer) so it sounds like going back to a stock clutch is the way to go. Is there any benefit going with a heavy duty clutch spring over all stock setup?
Thank you for taking the time to respond, its much appreciated.