View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 08:23 AM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Dave;

If you've never towed behind the bike, I'll offer the following.

From the pic, that looks like a good sized cooler. Normal rule for balancing a trailer is 10% of the weight should be on the hitch. Once you get it loaded, you should check how the load is balanced. If that cooler is heavy with food/drink and Ice, you may need to pack the heavier stuff towards the rear of the trailer to get it balanced so it doesn't waggle going down the road.

Looking good by the way.
Gonna pic up a fish scale at Pro Bass shop for setting tongue weight, finished the trailer should be about 140 lbs with a max of 100l-125 bs of camp gear. Most of the camp stuff I have is bulky, not heavy. The trailer was rated for 870 lbs before I pulled out the overload springs for less bounce with low weight. Im sure I will need to experiment with the best weight distribution/ride.