View Single Post
Old 10-15-2016, 02:46 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Question for the Pro Contractors

I've discovered leaky-pipe sub-flooring damage. I will be doing all the repairs myself (of course). My dilemma is whether to wait, call the insurance company, get an adjuster, get a price estimate, yadayadayada.... OR, just assume there's not enough value involved to exceed my deductible.
Can anyone can guess what sort of price an insurance adjuster would likely allow.
After my 2000 dollar deductible there may not be enough here to make it worth filing and later premium hike.
Is this something that a pro would bid five grand on?
The subject is the small bathroom in this 65 year old house. Pier and beam, subfloor is plywood over ship lap on a bias with tar paper barrier. This is covered, of course with multiple layers of linoleum and the newest, vinyl, on top. The seepage soaked and warped the plywood slowly enough that nothing has penetrated the barrier or ship lap, (underside is dusty dry) but the plywood destruction goes completely across the room. The minimal fix will entail replacing all the plywood and flooring, of course. *While I'm in there, of course*, I'll likely redo the Sheetrock and paint, etc.
The bathroom has 9.5 x 5' of floor area.
The plywood is only in the bath and kitchen, everything else is white oak hardwood flooring.
So, should I call them and wait

or just go ahead and rip it out ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 10-15-2016 at 04:51 PM.