Thread: Garage heat....
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2020, 02:15 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Garage heat....

...and basement too.

13 years ago mrs. o and I built a custom-designed 2K sq. ft. house, with an attached 750 sq. ft. garage.

Part of the plan was to use radiant heat for the garage and basement. The rest of the house has forced air heat/ac.

Money got tight toward the end of construction. We had the radiant PEX tubing installed in the basement and garage floors before the slabs were poured, but we never installed the manifolds, pumps, and boiler to finish the system.

'Til today. Well, yesterday, too.

We hired a local heating company that we had do some work on my Mom's house last year. Two vans and three guys showed up yesterday to pressure test the system and to hang the Lochinvar Noble Fire Tube NKB110 wall mount boiler on a basement wall.

Today they're finishing up the intake and exhaust venting and manifolds, installing the thermostats, pumps and valves (two zones - one garage, one basement) and hooking up the boiler to the water and gas lines.

The dudes say I should have heat in the garage (and basement) later this afternoon.

They've made a lot of progress so far.

We be spending some of that hard earned retirement money.......

Last edited by orbit; 02-07-2020 at 06:13 PM.