View Single Post
Old 12-01-2011, 01:13 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasilva View Post
If HD was smart they would cut their losses, use the judge's decision as an excuse to back away from a stupid policy and let dealers sell parts to whom ever they wish. It really does the MoCo no good trying to limit sales in any way. Personally if they'd managed to get this policy to stick I intended to keep my current bike and maintain it with aftermarket parts until it's not feasable, then sell it off and switch brands. I won't be held hostage by the MoCo and my local stealer(who charges over MSRP on parts and has to order EVERYTHING), if they want to circumvent the free market then I won't help them with it.
Instead of learning how to run a successful, profitable dealership from the Jenni's of the world, the MoCo prefers to crap all over them and attempt to bolster the market position of the dealers who leave us, the customers, tight jawed and looking elsewhere.
My local dealer sees me so seldom that they act like a long lost relative just walked through the door when I show up to buy a $3 part I need immediately or to visit John (my favorite tech there) because I've got some Chrome Cash from using my H-D Visa and I'm feeling too lazy to do something on my bike myself right then.
If it's a hard part worth more than $3, I'd have to wait a week for them to get it in and pay retail anyway, so I just don't go there.
Shelves are chock-a-block full of boutique items, though.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.