Thread: Here goes.....
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 06:46 AM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What year is your bike? I installed the 575's on a bagger a few years back. The things I remember:

Remove the radio. People will tell you that you candy do it with the radio in. Don't believe them. It will save you many moments of frustration if you just remove it.

Internal wiring is a real pain if you're slightly color blind. Get a bright light and make a diagram of the wire colors before you start disconnecting the wires from the connector. I used a small precision screwdriver to release the wires.

If I did it again I would most certainly have one of these available. When I did mine, I must have turned the bars too far and the ignition switch got out of alignment. Took me a long time, but I eventually got it back using a large screwdriver.

Re-routing the clutch cable is mandatory unless you get a +2 cable. I tried the re-routing, but with the bars at full lock it would start to engage the clutch. I wound up going with the extended cables and was much happier.

Otherwise, just take your time and it's a pretty smooth install. I loved the new hand position, and it was like having power steering. Great bars.

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[