View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I have the '02 manual and couldn't find any reference to that screw, much less the adjustment.

I was going to wait 'till I got home to post this, and I'll make a more complete argument when I do. But I'll give you something to chew on. I think I'm going to leave the stock can installed and replace the stock element with a high flow K&N element. The reason is, and I believe it, HD engineered the stock can to produce torque in the idle to 4000 rpm range. My bikes rarely see 4 grand, if ever. I couldn't care less what happens over that cause I NEVER run it that high.

I'm the short shift king. Tach usually swings between 2 and 3, 3500 if I'm feeling frisky. I like what my bike does now, I just want more of it.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's