View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 04:23 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
It is important to note that there are different types of Sta-Bo bushings. There replacement swing arm bushings; bushings that go inside the swing arm to fully replace the original cleve blocks.
There is a separate product sold as a stabilizer kit by Sta-Bo; these bushings (actually spacers) are used OUTside the swing arm, between the swing arm and the frame pivot covers. These are to reduce the vagueness of the tracking of the bike in turns and I found that they did help.

I used the Sta-Bo swing arm bushings in the '01 Road King and I liked them much better than the cleve blocks. they are still in there 35K later and still in great shape, the last time I peaked at them.

I ALSO used the Sta-Bo stabilizer kit and I was pleased with them. They added a little vibe to the boards at first, but I had no issue with them.
Note here that I had a semi-famous wobble in that bike... after many miles and various 'fixes' I eventually determined a true method of aligning the bike and the wobble went away. Sometime after this I removed the Sta-Bo stabilizers and notice no change with or without them. The swing arm bushings are still awesome.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod