View Single Post
Old 04-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Finally got some decent seat time today. First time I've really leaned on it with all the new mods. So in summary.....

- The Brembo upgrade is a big win. It's still not Touring bike or Beemer (thanks Boss) brakes, but the bike stops far better than it ever has. I'm not 100% sold on the master cylinder upgrade. It seemed like a good idea at the time, but the larger bore piston makes for a rock-hard lever. Modulation takes some work.

- 3.37 gearing should have come with the bike. It gets up onto the cam so much better than before. It's downright scary how well this thing can squirt out of a corner.......I was able to induce a lurid powerslide out of one this afternoon......Great fun!

- The oil tank looks badass.

- The wrapped perforated baffle sounds a ton better than the louvered baffle it replaced. The tune needs some touching up, but it runs much better as-is.

- The Shotgun Shock is the shiznit. The difference between the stock shocks and the Progressive 422s was big. The Shotgun blows away the Progressives and - gulp - it lets Vader ride better than BOPS. I've got to play around with the air settings a bit, as it's sitting a little higher than I'd prefer, and there's a bit of pogoing going on over big midcorner bumps, but hot damn the ride quality is spectacular.

All of these changes mean that Vader's gonna start getting some miles again. And that makes me happy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0173.jpg (135.6 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0174.jpg (144.9 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0176.jpg (136.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0177.jpg (132.7 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0178.jpg (126.2 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0179.jpg (136.9 KB, 30 views)

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)