View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 10:56 AM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
I'm spoken for that weekend.
I knew that already.

But you should try get up here some time anyway.

I know you'd have fun.

I'm tryin' to gauge the interest of the local-to-here riders, of which there's two: d j and Big Cheese.

d j now lives about 20 miles from Pine Bluff, BC about 100-ish.

We ain't got a big contingent of local Doofs here any more. Their decision, their loss.

I'm goin' if the weather ain't cold and rainy. Or just rainy. I hate ridin' in the rain. I'll ride in the rain if I need to get home after a weekend jaunt or if un-forcasted rain shows up at the end of the work day. I do ride the 'b' to work in good weather.

Otherwise, no. 'Motorcycling in the rain' ain't synonymous with 'fun'.

I have Gerbings heated gloves and boot insoles now, so the cold extremities part of motorcycling don't bother me so much any more. I don't care much for being tethered to the bike, but it's a small price to pay in return for a little comfort.

I've participated in the last two Spring Crud Runs as a solo Doof. I've put over 300 miles on the bike each time I've gone there. And while it's more fun to have a wing man or two, I had fun nonetheless.

For me, the Crud Run is the first real ride of the Spring. It ain't a little girly bar-hoppin' putt, that's for sure.

The roads out that way are challenging. The scenery is interesting. And you ain't gonna find a better place to see all kinds of rare and unusual motorcycles. And those motorcycles are ridden that day. Only bike I've seen on a trailer is the top fuel drag bike a guy out of Madison brings to show and make noise with.

Besides, there ain't nothin' wrong with having a brat (or two) and a beer at brunch time. My work day usually starts at 4 a.m., so 9-ish a.m. to me, at least, is early lunch.

So if anyone wants to go, I'll meet 'em there. If they like to follow taillights, I'll lead 'em there. Heck, I'll even buy lunch.

Within reason, of course.

If not, I guess I'll be flying solo.......

Last edited by orbit; 04-09-2016 at 11:06 AM.