View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 12:32 PM
not Lady G, but....

route66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withroute66paul is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector 12 View Post
Well according to Harley it is a "race only motor intended for closed course off road use". In fact some of the shops here in Washington go so far as to insist the bike not have a license plate on it and the turn signal bulbs removed before they will work on them.

In consulting some Law Enforcement types I know, Washington state views this engine very similar to a crate engine for any other vehicle. As long as the VIN on the frame matches the registration, the vin on the engine isn't a big deal (less of course it comes up stolen or sumthin).

The shop that is installing the engine and doing the dyno work has no issues with doing the work knowing the bike will be street ridden.

I honestly think Harley knows these are being put into bikes that are being street ridden and the "off road" only language is a dodge. Since my engine has a late 2010 date of manufacture, it would theoretically need to meet 2011 model year EPA standards. Off road use doesn't have to meet epa....
Don't give them EPA types any idears. I am sure that they have spiders on the internet just for that purpose.

"The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

Original 43%er

CAT HERDER GORGE CROSSER SKYLINE

My buddy!