View Single Post
Old 08-24-2016, 01:05 PM
Bon vivant!

orbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knoworbit has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Wait...what? I thought it was closer to 1400 to have DH do their thing. Did that price include splitting the cases and assembly?

I have my crankcase out of my bike now and considering options for rebuild.

Found the rods are "sticky" on the crank pin when spinning over by hand.

In my case I would also need the end play set for the timken when they assemble.
The first time it was, I wanna say $1200-ish, for Darkhorse to split the cases, machine the left case for the Timken conversion, repair the crank, then reassemble with new seals and bearings (including cam bearings), and adjust the end play of the crank, including labor. I think they reinstalled the cams, oil pump and cam plate, too, before it went back to Hoban's engine shop for final reassembly.

That was when Hoban's built the motor, so the whole bike was up there.

2nd time, the bike was at Uke's in Kenosha, and the whole bottom end had to come apart again. This last time it was split the cases, send the crank to Darkhorse, R and R the bearings and seals, reassemble, blahblahblah.......

This time the bearings were sticky, just like yours, which meant the rod bearings and/or pin were hurt. I got the hurt stuff here in a box, I don't wanna look at that stuff tho.