View Single Post
Old 08-08-2020, 11:13 AM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
About 7 pm, the storm had finally moved east enough that I decided to suit up with the rain gear and try to make it home. There were some flooded drainage ditches and a few places where 6-8 inches of water were over the road. I was following some vehicles, so I could gage whether to follow them through or not. I had to stay to the center of the road, as every low inside corner was flooded off the edge line and sometimes to the center line. Couple times I had to wait for cars to clear the other direction or take a shower as they sprayed water 10-15 feet each side. I also had to watch out for storm debris as there were a few areas I had to dodge around tree debris. The closer I got to home, the closer I came up to the back of the storm. About 6 miles out, I had to take shelter one last time under the entrance of a community center. After about 20 minutes here and drying my glasses again, it was still raining when I left, but it wasn't the front of the storm and for the most part, the lightening was still a little ways off..

It was good to get home. The rain gear did pretty good on that last leg. Little damp, but not bad at all. It could have been worse.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Radar 3.jpg (71.4 KB, 35 views)

Kimber

Last edited by Backroad Mike; 08-09-2020 at 04:29 AM.