View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 07:27 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
2018 Motor Camping Trip. The Big 7-Oh!

THis year, there are four of us. (Last year, six)
All my camping gear is packed. Tonight, I start loading the motor. If you seem me on the road, it'll be totally obvious to the most casual observer that I'm on an epic trip.

We start out tomorrow from the Dallas/Ft Worth area. Our destination for the first night is 600 miles away, Trinidad, Colorado. The rest of the days' rides on the trip are shorter.

Here is out itinerary. (CLICK HERE). You can click on the big map or the link to my SPOT satellite tracker to see where we are minute by minute. My SPOT updates our location every 10 minutes. I'll turn it ON tomorrow morning after leaving my house.

The trip is pretty well detailed out. When motorcycle camping, one really needs to reserve the campgrounds well in advanced. Else, you'll have no place to sleep when you get to the end of each day. It's not like driving up and getting a hotel room. It took us 3 weeks to finally land a campsite in Many Glacier Campground in Glacier NP. They fill within one or two seconds of opening up; you have to have your finger on the Enter key on several computers at once or there's absolutely no chance. I think that all of our campgrounds are now full.

So, we're taking the long way up there through eastern Oregon and Washington states. Anyone along the way is welcome to join us for a segment or two.

Ken