Thread: It's home!
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2014, 10:46 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fe Butte View Post
Sooo, how's the ride?
Re-set the air adjustment in the rear shock after the ride home from the dealer and the short hop to The Brick for bike night (they had it set way to high for a single rider). Rode it to Cape May, NJ and back yesterday, about a 230 mi round trip.

The ride is incredible! It eats up bumps while maintaining stability. The run pretty much confirmed my assesment from the test ride, both ride and handling are outstanding and there is absolutely no waggle or wobble. It enters turns almost effortlessly and holds the line in the turn with even less effort, almost as if "it was on rails". While the low end grunt from a standing start is a bit lacking, it has plenty of power and pull in the cruising rpm range. I'm thinking that a Stage-I upgrade (planned for sometime next year) should help substantially with the low end shortfall. It also confirmed my feeling that a change in windshields is in order. Will likely go with the "Flare" unit Klock Werks is making for them.

All in all, very happy with my decision.

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me