Thread: Shifter Update
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 11:34 AM
Confirmed Luddite

Last Cigar Smoked: Snack Pack Tapioca
Uesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowUesque has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Shifter Update

About a week and a half ago the splines on my shifter shaft finally stripped past the point of no return (totally my fault for actually riding the bike), and needs to be replaced. Since the primary needed to be pulled, off to my new favorite mechanic it went.

I talked to him yesterday and as expected, all the needed parts were declared obsolete by HD and no longer available to make room in the dealers for HD purses and HD snack crackers. Knowing my bad experiences recently with aftermarket shift levers, he had them track down what we needed from dealers who still had some in the back and we're waiting for them to arrive.

The good news is that the trans is in great shape aside from a bearing race that was in a little crooked and the source of one of my remaining oil leaks.