View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 12:25 AM
The Cisco Kid

Last Cigar Smoked: Backwoods Mild - Honey Berry
TJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowTJ Willy has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrasher View Post
Most of the campgrounds I've camped in have bathroom and hot shower facilities. When I rode up to Eureka Springs with TJ Willy for the 2008 Doofapalooza, we camped one night right on the lakefront of Lake Quachita in Quachita National Forest. It was hot and humid, so we went swimming in the lake to cool off. Hot shower after dinner. Nice campground.

For the next day's camp, we rode down about 7 miles of dirt road and camped by a river in Ozark National Forest. Very very hard rain that night. Inside the tent stayed nice and dry, though. Campground hosts were a very nice elderly couple from Lake Jackson, TX. Next morning, he invited us in his travel trailer for hot coffee the next morning. After which we departed and rode down a muddy road to some blacktop and on through more torrential rain to Eureka Springs.

If I had to do it over again, I'd do it the same way. Good times!
That was one helleva rainy night. Living in TX, I had forgot how you could hear the rain coming through the trees. It woke us up, and gave us time to get stuff sitchyated. I was in an ultra light with zero leaks. The rain into Eureka Springs was some of the worst I have ridden in. Too bad my fancy HD rain suit didn't stay as cozy as my thin walled ultra light tent!