View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 10:58 AM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSurly View Post
Did you make any significant changes to the build or pipes after you started running the TT?
If so, how long did it seem to take for the TT to dial in?
Obviously, a guru tune means that the bike is set up optimally at the time, but what happens when you ride up the mountains or through Death Valley or down at the beach in the fall. Even the best guru massage is limited to Dyno day conditions such as temps baro and humidity. The tune in other environments remains a set of compromises.
Using the narrow bands (as most of us are) when you're in cruise conditions, the ECU can tweak for these conditions. But all other cells are fixed.
The TT would supposedly add the ability to tweak ALL areas, not just cruise.
Have you had any circumstance where you felt "I can tell the TT is doing this better" (or worse) vs the PV AT?
Most important, I guess is this: other than the expense, are there any downsides to running the TT?

Edit to add: how much have you had to interact with the TT; how much AT have you had to do with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand your questions Ricky. I still have some of the same ones myself in that I can't prove that the TT is doing anything any better than the basic PV AT was doing. It stands to reason that it must be because effectively with the TT you have a completely closed loop tune covered by WB's right? Maybe my butt dyno just isn't sensitive enough to tell.

As for interaction, there really isn't any. That little TT module just lives under the seat, interfacing the WB's to the ECM. You still plug your PV in the same way and when entering AT you just choose TT from a short menu and run AT just like always. The nice part is it doesn't change AFR nor does it retard timing during AT. I have changed exhaust's, cams, and heads with it and it seems to adapt pretty quickly. 1 or 2 AT sessions and VE's are pretty stable. Then I do a good data log or just set up F&R CLI on the PV gauges and watch it. I have 30 minute logs that show the closed loop integrator never varying more than 2% from target AFR. That seems to indicate the WB's are pretty damn steady and TT is working as advertised to me.

So if you like to tune and tinker, as both of us seem to, it is a fairly interesting piece of equipment.