View Single Post
Old 05-23-2011, 05:45 PM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

dynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milkdynageno stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5CQT View Post
I've been so busy planning and arranging stuff for packing and such that I almost forgot to write this trip up for the board. Since way before I got the new Ultra, Banker Billy, my regular riding buddy down here (and whom Tonya insists is a figment of my imagination ) and I have been planning an expanded repeat of our previous trip to the Left Coast. Last time we did part of it by trailering to Alburqurque, NM. This time it's 2 wheels all the way, and since we are now both retired, the only time limit is how long Billy can stand to be away from his newest grandson.
Plans are to leave my place at around 0400 next Monday, 30 May, meet up 2 exists over on I-10 with Bill's brother-in-law, the proud owner of a new Ultra himself, and after gassing up there, heading west with the first day goal of pulling into the west side of San Antonio by late afternoon/early evening (in time for Happy Hour).
Next day is a run to Carlsbad, NM where we hope to get to the Caverns in White City in time for the evening flight of the bats (looking for one of my ex-s there?), and the next day dedicated to exploring the Caverns from the inside. Alburquereque is next via Petrified Forest and Painted Desert, and next day will see us in Cameron, AZ, just east of Grand Canyon. The BIL has never seen the big ditch, so we will take a couple of days there with day 2 exploring the north rim and then heading into Utah for a few days to see as many of the great sights as we can find. From there it is through Lost Wages to Primm Valley, a good dinner and some rest before heading out to Bakersfield, CA, and hopefully connecting with D-190 whom I hope can swing some time off to ride again with us to the PCH around San Simeon as he did last trip out.
The next few days are planned for riding PCH all the way to Washington and across North Cascades before overnighting in Spokane. Along the way I am hoping Dyna Geno and Sidecar Doug will be around where we can hook up if not for a few miles, at least a little howdy time. After that it is a trip through GLacier Park and southward to Big Sky Ski Resort just NE of Yellowstone Park where we have a free condo for a week to explore the park, Beartooth, Chief Joseph Hwy, etc. and just unwinding in one beautiful place 11,200 feet up. Hopefully from there we can head eastward hopefully to reconnect with Margarita and Mr. 365(long but interesting story we have there) then to Wisconsin to visit the Harley museum in Milwaukee, by way of Sturgis and the Black Hills and then take the scenic route home possibly going through Polar Bear Country.
I have a new notepad and hope to stay in touch and post a few pix along the way depending on the internet situation enroute. This should be something between a 10K and 12K trip depending on how many side tours we decide on, and I fully expect it'll be Labor Day before I get any feeling back in my rear end after this trip.
If you make it up Highway 1 in between Santa Cruz and Frisco, we can for sure hook up with you

Cloudrider 2010
Former Original Doof
Creator of the 43 & 7 hand signs...
Original Cat Herder KC.