View Single Post
Old 07-13-2014, 08:58 AM
Double-D
Doof Gooner

Last Cigar Smoked: Bubble Gum
Redleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suckRedleg can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
for James.

Oh, and it wasn't THAT wordy. I'm on drugs and was able to stay awake.
Hey Russ - if you're reading this - your comment regarding the riding position in my initial thread was almost true! However, I figured out that the 3-way adjustable seat was in the low position. Moved it up to the high and am much happier. Also figured out that this bike has HeliBar risers installed. Both raises and sets back the controls (haven't measured exactly how much) and fits me rather well.

One other thing about the oil change and the Techron. One of the long-term Oilhead owners on the BMWST forum suggested using the empty bottle as a funnel for the oil. Well, I did that but when I removed the bottle cap over the open oil filler hole on the left jug, the little paper gasket dropped in! I learned real quick how easy it can be to remove and replace the valve cover on this bike.

Last edited by Redleg; 07-16-2014 at 09:48 AM.