View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 08:26 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Maybe its just my 'grandpa' riding style...

I tried other tires on the old RK and I LOVED the service from the ME880s. They didn't just come apart internally, as the Venoms liked to do. The 880s were Brazilian... Metzler guy told me (at the time) that their radials were made in the Fatherland and their bias tires were all made in Brazil. I don't know where the new 888s come from. I hated the 'under size' (I put 150s front and rear) as the "150" actually measured 143mm. Stickier than the 402s (well duh) no more tracking every little groove in the road and got twice the mileage.
I got 13,500 on the 880s and the weirdest bit is that front and rear wore about the same. When I finally swapped them it was mostly due to cupping, they still had some tread!
What are y'all doing to wear them out so soon? Y'all doin' that "twisty" stuff?

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod

Last edited by MrSurly; 05-09-2016 at 08:32 AM.