Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Cooking Channel
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Cooking Channel Got a favorite recipe... share it here.

Old 03-08-2010, 01:59 AM
Same as it ever was.

duhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygieneduhast seems to have excellent oral hygiene
Red and white S.O.S.

Found these while researching for my writing project. I had both in the Navy and loved them. I just learned the red one was called "Minced Beef".

Brings back memories. It's surprising to find how well loved these are...

Navy Creamed Ground Beef

You can always freeze what you don’t use...

Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 20 Minutes
Ready: 30 Minutes

Makes 6 to 8 servings

Ingredients:

1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup all-all purpose flour
1 cube beef bullion
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 pinch ground pepper
2 1/4 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

1. Brown beef in a large skillet over medium heat.
2. Stir in flour, bouillon, salt and pepper.

3. Sauté all together for about 5 minutes or until flour is absorbed.
4. Gradually stir in milk and Worcestershire sauce.

5. Bring all to a simmer, stirring constantly.

6. Cook until thickened, about 5 to 10 minutes.

Serve hot!!! Over Toast, Biscuits, Hash Browns, Rice…

Minced Beef
Ingredients:

2 lbs of Ground Beef
Medium Onion
2 oz General Purpose Flour
Tomatoes Canned 2 no/303 cans

Directions:

1. Cook Beef with onion in its fat until beef turns a pink color, stirring to break apart, drain or skim off excess fat.
2. Sprinkle four over beef: Continue cooking until flour Is absorbed.
3. Crush tomatoes by hand or blender. Add tomatoes, salt & pepper to crush tomatoes by hand or blender taste, you may want to add a small amount of mace or nutmeg (optional to taste).

Note: If you desire more of a beef taste add some beef bullion (granules). In the past I have been asked what spice was used in the minced beef to give it the distinctive taste. It was either the nutmeg or mace.

Minced beef can be served over toast, biscuits, rice, or fried potatoes.

Some call minced beef (SOS), but creamed chipped beef is actually (SOS). Yields 10 Servings

Old 03-08-2010, 07:38 AM
R.I.P.
chemo toddy

y2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milky2k king stays crunchy even in milk
brings back memories.

Old 03-08-2010, 07:41 AM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
mmm tasty!

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.

Old 03-08-2010, 08:05 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm going to do that with some left over roast. I've been looking for an idea on what to do with, this sounds perfect!

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 03-08-2010, 06:18 PM
Double-D

why_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milkwhy_me stays crunchy even in milk
We have that every now and then around here. Usually as it get closer to payday and the cupboards are getting a little bare.

As I said many times on the mess deck when someone asked how the chow was...It'll make a turd.
"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid" - Gen Eisenhower.
Old 03-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Turd Wrangler

APDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suckAPDBagger can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by why_me View Post
As I said many times on the mess deck when someone asked how the chow was...It'll make a turd.

60% of the time it works every time.

I can't complain, sometimes I still do, life's been good to me so far.