Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Seats, Saddles, Pillions, Backrests, Luggage Racks & Paks
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:15 PM
8-Ball

what the hell was this about 30" and the nose job....? Did you get the nose job or not....

Don't you have a 30" inseam?
Old 05-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Excommunicated

Berserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girlBerserker is a rotten little girl
He said 30" was iffy for needing the nose job. Said to ride it for the summer and send it back. I was all excited for the custom this and that too.
Old 05-27-2008, 04:23 PM
8-Ball

you caved.... and you have my number... and my website...

You'll be tip toeing that damn bagger all over hell's half acre... man, I hated it until I got the nose job.... hated it...
Old 05-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Excommunicated

I am sorry I dissapointed you. Probably got some slacker.

After the burn I got my calve from the fatcat, might be good to be bow legged.
Old 05-28-2008, 08:41 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Big MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withBig MAK is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
It's for the 07 Ultra right? I think a stock Corbin height would be OK even with a 30" inseam. I'm at 33" and have plenty of bend in my knee sitting at a stop. I like the lower seat for the better center of gravity.

I'm thinkin' 'zerk probably wears boots and not flip-flops...
Old 06-04-2008, 11:22 PM
Excommunicated

Lower then stock. Like it. Enjoy the leather feel. Salesman recomend the stiching, I don;t like the look, but he said mroe durable and softer. Probably more stress points, and places to flex. The design would look better on smaller bike, IMO.

But so far, around 80 miles, and realy enjoying it. Not as hard as I expected. Lower then my Mustang. Heavy dense.

I hope leather holds up, cause it does feel better. Why aren't more companys offering leather? Good/Bad reason?
Old 06-05-2008, 05:12 AM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post

I hope leather holds up, cause it does feel better. Why aren't more companys offering leather? Good/Bad reason?
Vinyl's waterproof, leather isn't. The black leather used is chrome tanned and reasonably waterproof but it's still not as waterproof as vinyl. If it's going to be sitting in rain it should be covered. My bag company recommended sno-seal as a waterproofer that would protect the leather and not shorten it's life.

Vinyl is subject to UV degradation.

Leather breathes so it doesn't feel as hot on long trips.

Engine by Otto.
Old 06-05-2008, 06:32 AM
8-Ball

Corbin seats are half and half. The side panels are vinyl and the rest is leather. They say the vinyl holds up better on the sides and isn't prone to cracking.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
Excommunicated

So what happens if it gets wet, when you ride. I didn't get a cover.
Old 06-05-2008, 04:40 PM
pairofnines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserker View Post
So what happens if it gets wet, when you ride. I didn't get a cover.
Don't know what everyone else does but I wipe mine off and crawl on>

Now the real deal:

If it is going to be a wet night I put a garbage bag over it mostly so PJ has a dry seat to start the day.

Don't worry about it a lot>

I use leather treatment on it to keep it soft and figure it will last longer than I will at my age>