Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 08-18-2015, 04:42 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
A New Tuning Toy For The PV: Target Tune

Target Tune is a new item and from reading the blurb at DynoJet it appears that it "adapts" the signal from the wideband O2s and plugs them into the ECM such that the ECM runs closed-loop running the wideband O2s in real-time...

A lot more detail needed, but the implication is that rather than the way the 'Pro' system works (ride to log data, export the recommended changes, load the resulting tune, lather/rinse/repeat to see what changes are needed next), the new system's map, instead of being a list of changes to make to the signals, it will be a map of GOALs and the ECM will determine what corrections to make real time to meet those goals.

The Target Tune would appear to let you load a map and ride and it would use the widebands to make running real-time changes on the fly and you would only need to ride the silly thing.

It sounds like you wouldn't need to log/save/load...but would just load a map and ride.
must. learn. more.

I have no real info, just what I'm reading and i may have missed something...but it does sound intriguing.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 08-18-2015, 05:45 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Really just an aside: I called Fuel Moto because, you know,... questions.

Chatted with a guy and then ended up talking with Jamie.
Very interesting stuff shakin' down in Little Chute.

There was info on the Target Tune, but more of a chat about other stuff.
FM is about to start selling crate engines that they build in-house. SE/S&S/FM/Woods components. 126 ci.
He's really excited aboot it!

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 08-18-2015, 05:53 PM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
So are you...

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...

Old 08-18-2015, 09:49 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Pretty soon they will have one simple enough for me to use.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-19-2015, 05:41 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Last Cigar Smoked: Probably a Swisher Sweet
Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
I have a Target Tune.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:48 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
I have a Target Tune.

Cool! Tell us about it, Greg!

How much interacting with it do you have to do? The impression I have is that you essentially load it once and forget it. Is that accurate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 08-19-2015, 10:20 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Ancient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suckAncient Iron can happily embrace the suck
Well Ricky, all I can report so far is how cute it looks in the box. Haven't received back the converted tune from FM yet.😞 What I look forward to is it's live updating of VE values as you ride. No more save, flash, save, flash, etc. and the permanent wide bands of course.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:29 AM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient Iron View Post
I have a Target Tune.
Really!

Anxious to hear how it works for you.

I love my PowerVision. But there's always room for more tinkering.

Ken
Old 08-22-2015, 06:14 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Finally got a little time to play. Anyone that is familiar with or is using the AT module will have no problem with install or setup. The TT module just takes the place of the AT module. The difference is it has connectors that plug into the bikes O2 ports in lieu of the narrow band connectors. It also has a built in test for your wide bands if you want to check their accuracy. Checked mine and they were right on the money for my altitude so I flashed in the converted tune, which is the tune I usually use that FM converted to TT capable, left the PV at home, and went for a spin.

It didn't take long to notice a difference. Within 10 miles the bike felt a lot stronger and smoother. And it kept improving. My idle has always been a little uneven, and the tach needle will jump around between 900 and 1000 rpm. Now it doesn't move at all. I noticed heavy decel was a clean, even growl. No popping or sputtering of any kind. Heavy acceleration was very noticeably improved and if you bang second gear fairly hard you can easily break the back tire loose on dry asphalt. The overall impression I got was the the bike is a lot smoother and stronger running than it has ever been.

The guys at Fuel Moto commented that if your tune is very close to perfect you may not notice much improvement. Obviously mine was not as close as I thought it was. Seems to me where this thing will shine is using different fuels and when changing cams, exhaust, etc. It's just going to keep adjusting VE's to meet your AFR table requirements as you ride. I'm going to run it some more then pull in the tune and see what the delta's are in the VE's. In any case, it seems to be performing as advertised. I'm pretty pleased so far.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:52 PM
Outlaw

Last Cigar Smoked: Camel WIDES
Sidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSidecar Doug has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinero View Post
Pretty soon they will have one simple enough for me to use.
Like a carburetor?

"It's not the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog." - Michael Vick.
Old 08-22-2015, 07:54 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
Like a carburetor?
Maybe that's the ticket.

Old school.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 08-22-2015, 09:31 PM
Airhead

Ken R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steakKen R probably grills a mean steak
Do you ever load the resulting tune into the ECM?
Old 08-22-2015, 10:42 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken R View Post
Do you ever load the resulting tune into the ECM?
Ken, the resulting tune resides in the ECM. The VE corrections are made by the ECM in live time as you ride. Technically, after you flash the TT capable tune in to the ECM you don't need to use the PV again unless you want to, or you want to Autotune, which is still available. The TT module has to stay on the bike though as it is the interface from the wide bands to the ECM. You will always be in closed loop but it will be through the whole range of the wide bands, not just the small range of the narrow bands.

Last edited by Ancient Iron; 08-22-2015 at 11:00 PM.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:07 AM
A. DooF

Last Cigar Smoked: Whatever was next in the Mega rotation
par_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowpar_fore has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Very interesting.

So this works with or without the PV, but does it require the PV in order to do the initial flash?

"I want to live and ride free, unencumbered by all but God's love." ~ Red Rider
Old 08-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Doof Clenas Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by par_fore View Post
Very interesting.

So this works with or without the PV, but does it require the PV in order to do the initial flash?
Yes. Must have the PV to flash in the TT capable tune. The reason you don't need the PV after that is the TT module is interfacing with the ECM. Your ECM will be reading the data and making corrections just like you were still using narrow band O2 sensors, but you will be using wide bands. The TT module will now be feeding wide band data to the ECM.

You can still Autotune and you can do it through the TT module. The TT AT doesn't change your AFR's for autotune. It doesn't need to now since you are using wideband O2's.