Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Specific Interest > The Prayer Line
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

The Prayer Line Got a prayer request(s)? Here's the place.

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 10:21 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Berserker Updates

This from Karen:

Quote:
I didn't know how else to notify the forum but Mike Manderfield (Bezerker) has been in a terrible car accident. He is in critical condition at Froedert Hospital in Milwaukee. A teenage girl crossed over the center line and crashed in to Mike when he was coming home from work. The girl was thrown from the car and died at the scene. Mike was Flight For Lifed to the hospital which is the reginol trauma center. He was in surgery for 4 hours to stop massive internal bleeding. He has broken ribs on both side, punctured lungs, and is on a ventilator. His diaphragm was punctured and his abdomen was pushed into his chest cavity.

Multiple orthopedic injuries, his right leg has multiple fractures, and his left ankle, elbow, wrist and hand are broken.

Those are the extent of the known injuries, it happened last night (Wed.) I will be going over to the hospital in a bit. They thought they may try to wean him off the vent today.

PLease let all of his friends know and keep him in everyones prayers. If he gets past this he will be off work and in rehab for a long time is what the doc's told me.

Karen
Pray, boys and girls.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-12-2009, 10:47 AM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Here's some additional information from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's report that I found online.

Quote:
Teen killed in Dodge County crash identified

By Linda Spice of the Journal Sentinel
Posted: Mar. 12, 2009 8:28 a.m.

A 17-year-old Beaver Dam girl killed in a head-on crash on Wednesday has been identified as Bethany R. Soboleski, according to the Dodge County Sheriff's Department.

Two other people were also injured in the crash, which occurred about 4:20 p.m. on State Highway 26 near State Highway 16/60 in the Township of Clyman.

According to a sheriff's report, those injured were Michael T. Manderfield, 34, of Saukville, and Sarah L. Starr, 20, of Beaver Dam.

An investigation showed that a 2006 Chevy Cobalt, driven by Soboleski, was southbound on State Highway 26 when she crossed the center line and struck a northbound 2004 Chevy Malibu driven by Manderfield.

Soboleski was ejected from her car and suffered fatal injuries. She was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dodge County medical examiner.

Starr was a passenger in Soboleski's car. She was flown by Flight for Life to Froedtert Hospital in Wauwatosa. Manderfield was extricated from his car and flown to Froedtert as well.

Froedtert hospital officials said today that Manderfield is in critical condition. Starr remains in satisfactory condition, according to the hospital.

A third vehicle was involved when it made minor contact with Soboleski's car following the head-on collision. The driver of that vehicle was not hurt, sheriff's officials noted.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:53 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyB View Post
Here's some additional information from the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel's report that I found online.
and another. . .
http://www.fdlreporter.com/article/2.../90312028/1985

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 03-12-2009, 01:13 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Just got a call from Karen.

He's back in surgery for his leg. At least he's strong enough and stable enough to have another surgery. They're going to put a rod in to support the multiple fractures. With any luck they'll only have one that's a couple inches too long.

Could be a problem with his right ankle and left femur, not sure about the ankle yet. They had to put another tube in his chest the first one collapsed.

All in all the prognosis is good but it's going to be a long recovery.

Karen's holding up amazingly well.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-13-2009, 09:28 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I called the hospital. Here's what I got...

We cannot send flowers to an SIC room. But, we can send cards and balloons. I asked specifically about stuffed squirrels, and she said stuffed animals are acceptable as well. Then I asked about rubber chickens...silence...then a laugh. I said, "It's a long story." She said rubber chickens are ok, too. Then she wanted to know the story. She thought it was great...

Anybody can send stuff to 'Zerk at:

Michael Manderfield
C/O Froedtert Hospital
SIC Rm. 11
9200 W. Wisconsin Ave.
Milwaukee, WI 53226

She said visitors are welcome but we have to check in at the Family center. They will call up to the SIC and make sure they aren't performing some procedure then we can go up. She then qualified it with..."as far as I know."

No update on his condition. I called Karen this morning and got voice mail. Waiting for a return call.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 03-13-2009, 11:37 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Dirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDirty Dan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Berserker Condition Update

I talked to Karen a few minutes ago. Here is what I was told...

Our friend Mike is in rough shape. However, at this point, she is focusing her attention on planning for the long road ahead of him. So the feeling is he will pull through. It won't be easy.

The surgery on his left femur to insert the titanium rod went very well. A CT scan was performed on his right ankle to determine the extent of the injury. It will require another surgery to repair the damage. Doctors say it will be at least three months before he can put full weight on his legs.

Mike has 9 broken ribs distributed between both sides. Both lungs suffered puncture wounds from the trauma. They had one drain tube in but had to insert another on the other side so he has one on each side. He remains on the ventilator because they worry that pain will keep him from breathing deeply enough. Plus he keeps trying to pull the tube out. The plan is to take him off the vent but keep him pumped full or pain meds so he'll breath better. That should happen soon.

A major concern is blood clots. Something called Factor 5 runs in his family. Another surgery will be performed to insert an "umbrella" into an aorta to catch clots before they reach his heart or lungs. That will happen today.

Karen has been able to talk to him a little bit. He can shake his head. When she asked if he was in pain, he shook his head vigorously. Obviously, Mike is in agony.

Mike's mother is in town. Many people he works with have shown up and offered to help. Karen hopes they will pitch in and help transport Mike for rehab when the time comes. He will have to withstand three hour sessions of physical therapy to get back on his feet.

Visiting Mike this weekend is a big crap shoot. We can go, but he may be undergoing a procedure or being monitored for something like coming off the vent in which case we could show up and have to cool our heels for hours before getting in...if at all. Ruth and I are headed to Chicago this afternoon. We are going to stop by no matter what on our way back up since we pass that way anyway. If I can see him, I will let him know he is in our thoughts and prayers. Otherwise, I hope to speak to his mom.

Karen will call me later this afternoon with further updates. I will post up with details...

Thank you all for your concern.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 03-14-2009, 09:17 AM
gAZINTa - Delinquent

ms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glassesms_tapestry looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
This thread was created to post only updates. The thread will be corked for the sole purpose of keeping it as updates only. If I've left out some important information let me or any mod know and they can add to it. You can continue to post in this thread at will.http://www.doofclenas.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=158075 Thank you txhawg for the idea.

High Priestess of the Cloudriders
Old 03-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Doof Babe
Grenade Launcher
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: Does second-hand count?
Boop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glassesBoop looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Mega is talking to Karen now, but he's on his way out so wanted me to post this.

They expect him to be on the vent another two or three days. Until he's off the vent and they've got the pain under control, they're requesting visits from just family.

Mega will probably have more to add when he gets back.

W.W.B.D?

Boop-Oop-A-Doof
Old 03-14-2009, 10:50 AM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
They tried to do an epidural for the pain but that didn't work, so they are trying a partial nerve block, which they're not sure is working out so well, either.
So, for now, they are keeping him heavily medicated until the ribs start to heal up and he's in a little less pain and they can count on him breathing deep enough on his own not to cause problems.
The surgery on his left femur went well.
That's about all that's new.

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 03-14-2009, 06:23 PM
GazintA

TerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milkTerryMiller stays crunchy even in milk
Berserker Updates

DJ, Hornrocker, Big Tom, Dan, Ruthless, Racindude & Pie made it to the hospital today.

We visited with Karen for a while, she seemed to be holding up well, although she was understandably concerned about his condition. Still no idea when they can operate on the broken right ankle. It didn't seem like they were really sure of the extent of the damage.

We met Berserker's Mom who managed to get Dan and I up to see him. He's pretty heavily sedated but responds when spoken to. It doesn't seem like he's going to remember any of this. Dan talked to Berserker for a minute or two, got me so choked up I couldn't talk. Then we had to clear out.

Pie found a get well card with a squirrel on it so we all signed that and gave it to Karen.We signed a 43 patch at last night's party. KingThrasher put it in a frame with a group picture taken at the after bike show party. We gave that to Karen for Mike. Karen may have to take it home until he's moved to a regular room. Didn't seem to be anywhere to put it there.

Dan and I talked to Karen for a couple of minutes on the way out. They're gonna be needing some help in the near future.

Please keep both of them in your prayers.

Engine by Otto.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
I'm glad to have made it up. Karen must be running on pure adrenalin. It felt great to just give her a BIG hug and to tell her that the WHOLE DC 43 crew is behind her and Mike for the long haul.
We also met Mike's mom. She seems to be doing well given the circumstances. You can see were Mike gets his looks and speaking style. Man, it was uncanny.
We will be making a whole lot of trips up to Milwaukee this spring to visit and cheer the ol' boy up.
The 43 patch and picture that Chris put together and framed turned out really neat. Props to King Thrasher and his Queen.
Pie found a really cool squirrel get well card.
Karen does want everyone to know she really appreciates everyones support.
Dan is going to procure a laptop and get it to Karen so Mike can log on to the site as soon as he feels up to it. Look out kiddies....

Old 03-15-2009, 07:22 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

hornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowhornrocker has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Karen with THE card that Pie found, and the framed patch and pic from the King and Queen....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Karen with card.jpg (70.2 KB, 533 views)

Old 03-15-2009, 10:07 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornrocker View Post
It was a mission of Love and Support, one that was our duty, and honor to conduct.

I know we all wish we could do more right now, but the prayers, well wishes, and moral support is really all that is available to us at the moment.

Excellent post, Mark. Agreed.

As an update, apologies in advance it this is posted somewhere else, there was some very positive news.

We discovered yesterday that Mike sustained no injury to his arms. It has been reported that his right arm was in bad shape that sit. rep. was erroneous. Both arms are fine. This is terrific news.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 03-16-2009, 09:11 AM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmiles View Post
Hopefully he will realize how big a place he has in our hearts, when this is over.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluetoys View Post
I was also thinking about his reaction. I would think it will be very emotionally overwhelming.
I know I have been pleasantly reminded many times about how much love there is here and that we take care of our own. It has kept me here through the dark times.
Karen talked about this with us this weekend. She said he will be overwhelmed by the response shown by our group here. I agree. Many here have expressed their affection for this board and the people that hang out here. Testimonials aren't Mike's style. But I know how much this place and it's people mean to him. He will be blown away. Karen also wanted me to relate how much she appreciates everybody's concern and generosity. She has been given the site address and has been lurking when she has a few minutes. You all have amazed her.

More news. I got this yesterday...sorry for the delay in getting it out there. Mike continues showing improvement. Karen says he is breathing over the ventilator. It is on a very low setting and the only assist he gets from it is at the end of each breath to ensure he breaths deeply enough. X-rays show his lungs are mostly inflated now with only a small amount of fluid remaining. They want to get him off the vent this week so they can start getting some food in him but they need to get his stomach started working again first. They have him in a neck restraint and don't want to remove it until he's conscious and can talk.

This will be a big week for 'Zerk. If things go right, he should be off the vent, off sedatives, eating and talking by next weekend.

This is what I have for now.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Old 03-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Double-D
Self Proclaimed Pariah

Ok. I had a nice conversation with Karen this morning. Here's what she had to say...

Mike is still on the vent. They tried taking him off and he was off for about 2.5 hours. However, he still wasn't breathing deeply enough so he went back on. They still believe the shallow breathing is pain related. The down side is they had to do a tracheotomy. He keeps biting the hose (don't say it...) and there is an irritation factor involved with having that tube in his throat so they went that route.

They have started tube feeding him and are increasing the amount given. Because he is getting some nutrition, the swelling is going down. Karen says he looks much better now.

The central line has been removed and Mike's back on an IV. Sedation is being decreased so he is more alert at this point. However the thoracic nerve block is still going.

Mike does have in infection somewhere. Previously, the doctor was reluctant to start an antibiotic run fearing some super bug might get him but they have started him on them now. However, his fever is down from what it was.

One chest tube has been removed so there is one left. I believe that is significant. Further, his ribs appear to be healing.

Good news regarding Mike's legs. The ankle problem is not what we thought, either. News is his ankle is ok, but he broke a heel bone. We're told that is common in car accidents. It's not great, but better than a hammered up ankle.

The surgical incisions are healing nicely and looking good.

Goals are to clear up the infection, heal his ribs and get him breathing on his own.

Overall, it's good news. Mike is more alert. His dad is in town and while teasing Mike about something, 'Zerk flipped him the bird. He can't talk yet but he knows what's going on.

'08 Ultra
S&S SPO's
Closed Thread

Tags
Zerker crash thread