Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Tech Talk > Air Cleaners
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:02 PM
FOG :-(

trooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographictrooper113 is not in AOL's target demographic
SE intake with a K&N filter. My dealer gave me the K&N filter to replace the original filter after my engine was puking oil due to a factory mis-installation of a rocker box gasket. I had a K&N on my previous Dyna with SE intake. Works well for me.

NRA Endowment Member
AMA Member
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 PM
The Other Founder
President for Life
Double-D

Last Cigar Smoked: PDR 1878 Reserva Dominicana Capa Oscura
MegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glassesMegaGlide looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidecar Doug View Post
I got an '06 Streetbob with a 2 into 1 pipe, and stage 1 set up. Remaped it with the Race tuner, and ran in on a Dyno to fine tune it. Then I changed the SE air filter to K&N, and got close to another 10HP out of it. The bike runs alot better now too.
I gotta ask.
Were those runs on the same dyno and on the same day?

http://sherlynpopelka.net/

Revelation 19:11
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse;
and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True,
and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

*Usual manly disclaimer applies, if applicable.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:50 AM
Asst public Doofender

Yosamite Sam has failed to amuse us
Backing plate

Quote:
Originally Posted by apache36 View Post
i've got one for a grey motor...
I appreciate it I have a 50 milleter throttle body and its for an 08', so I don't think it will fit. Thanks anyway.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 07-29-2008, 12:40 PM
Pu Dekcuf Lla

PeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withPeaceKeeper is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
I run the SE backplate with the K&N filter, the non oiled SE filter is trash, the K&N filter has some big warranty and stays together after you clean it, I run the V7H true duals with the SE stage 1 intake and can run on the reflash only if I choose to to save fuel, runs a little lean but no decel pop, just a little warmer.
Old 08-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Asst public Doofender

Well, the 08' now has a Stage 1 and runs very good!! The next big expense will probably be a tach/speedometer. I don't know why the Road King does not get a tach.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 08-10-2008, 12:00 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
It's all about you spending money...I have the combo unit, works good, and was easy to install (10 minutes). I bought mine from Zannotti's, and you have to tell them what current mileage to program into it. You will lose the clock function...

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"

Old 08-10-2008, 03:52 PM
Asst public Doofender

Are there any other tachs that are good to mount on the handlebars?

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 08-10-2008, 04:06 PM
RAM 2500 Cummins 4X4

Last Cigar Smoked: Man O' War Ruination
SafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowSafetyMan has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
What air filter combo did you go with?
From my Brother Don... I love his insight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadWolf View Post
Postwhores are a dime a dozen.
What's impressive about you is that you are your own pimp.
Kudos!

Old 08-10-2008, 04:28 PM
Asst public Doofender

Screamin' Eagle kit. Has a circular filter that is like the K & N. Cleans up with the Harley cleaner. I am looking for a tachometer that will be somewhat reasonable and easily mounts on the 08' Road King. I am not looking to lose the clock function by installing a $500 speedometer/tach and then have to go buy a $70 clock. I need the clock on the bike.

lookin for a 43 DD
Member of Retreads
Retired MSG USAR
NRA Life Member
Gruntled Postal Worker
Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 PM
Executive Vice President
D.F.F.D

Last Cigar Smoked: Romeo y Julieta Churchill
BillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBillyB has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yosamite Sam View Post
Well, the 08' now has a Stage 1 and runs very good!! The next big expense will probably be a tach/speedometer. I don't know why the Road King does not get a tach.
So there is an ECM flash for '08s w/fly by wire setup? I have been looking at pipes and air filters for my new Ultra and want to make sure I get the best setup possible to maximize what I have in the stock engine.