Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Dyna Discussion
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 09:54 AM
Bard of the 43 Words

Last Cigar Smoked: 5 Vegas Miami
TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Parts to fix Silver

This is the beginning of the list of parts acquired thru purchases & donations to get Silver back on the road.
First and foremost, thanks to everyone for your time, effort, donations & prayers as TigerShark Girl & I recover from this incident.
Once work commences on her - I hope we can photo document the before /after restoration.

Parts so far:
-- Mini Ape Handle bars
-- Mirrors
-- Grips
-- Derby Cover
-- Outer Primary Cover
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-18-2012, 11:27 AM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Last Cigar Smoked: Banana pudding after some baby back ribs
jasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowjasilva has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Timmy, I just got an email from Lakeshore HD they have free shipping on orders over $250 thru 11/26 also flat $9.99 for orders under $250. With no sales tax and 20% off list prices you can save a bunch on parts.

Separated at birth? You decide
Old 11-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyD View Post
Once work commences on her - I hope we can photo document the before /after restoration.
Does that mean you'll be here to take them, or I'll have to do both.

Kimber

Old 11-18-2012, 12:46 PM
Double-D
Switzerland

Dinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowDinero has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
Yes.

April 13, 2016 -- The day Richard was speechless.

May your hands always be busy, May your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation When the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, and may your song always be sung,
May you stay forever young!
--Bob Dylan
Old 11-18-2012, 01:28 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

TimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suckTimmyD can happily embrace the suck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backroad Mike View Post
To be honest, I'd like to be there to help will all the work once it gets on the lift. With the exceptions of Friday nights, I'm not free during the week. I'll give ya a call

On my way home from work this week (if allowed to go to work), I'm gonna stop by Whitt HD and get an outer primary gasket. I've not thought about other doo-dads.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'
"Ask not what Doof Clenas can do for you, but what you can do for Doof Clenas." TimmyD (2006)

Old 11-18-2012, 02:41 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
To be honest, I'd like to be there to help will all the work once it gets on the lift. With the exceptions of Friday nights, I'm not free during the week. I'll give ya a call

On my way home from work this week (if allowed to go to work), I'm gonna stop by Whitt HD and get an outer primary gasket. I've not thought about other doo-dads.
Once we get the turn signals off I'll stop by Robs used and pick up clutch perch, lever and turn signals. If you want the tank and fender painted, once off I can stop by American classics for a quote if you want.
Old 11-18-2012, 03:11 PM
Original Delinquent

Backroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milkBackroad Mike stays crunchy even in milk
Wayne dropped off some parts with the bike as well.

I haven't looked close yet, but there's a clutch perch in there as well as other odds and ends that may work.

Kimber

Old 11-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by vafatboy View Post
Once we get the turn signals off I'll stop by Robs used and pick up clutch perch, lever and turn signals. If you want the tank and fender painted, once off I can stop by American classics for a quote if you want.
Sounds like a good plan, Warren.
Do you know if they can they just sand / repair / paint the left side of the tank?
I'm debating whether I want to do anything fancy with that side of the tank.
Don't know - still hazy trying to think about everything.
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'

Old 11-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Not just another pretty face

vafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milkvafatboy stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Sounds like a good plan, Warren.
Do you know if they can they just sand / repair / paint the left side of the tank?
I'm debating whether I want to do anything fancy with that side of the tank.
Don't know - still hazy trying to think about everything.
On mine, he repaired the dent, replaced the emblem and painted the affected side, perfect match.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Just an Excitable Boy

Last Cigar Smoked: Ashton Virgin Sun Crown
OZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withOZNOG is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
The list of parts acquired is nice, but...

please list the parts still needed here too.

That will help us to help.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Bard of the 43 Words

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZNOG View Post
The list of parts acquired is nice, but...

please list the parts still needed here too.

That will help us to help..
This is the wreck estimate from Patriot H-D, but I won't know all that it really needs until I take a look at it.

I would like to go with Warren when he goes to Rob's Used to take a gander at what they have available-maybe I'll find a doo-dad for my bike that I don't need but can't live without.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dvorak_02FXDWG.pdf (546.6 KB, 25 views)
2003 FXD aka 'Wild Blue'