Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Indian
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Old 02-23-2007, 04:52 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

genoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sockgenoway doesn't need a tube sock
Wow,sounds like a very busy winter.

Old 02-23-2007, 11:59 PM
pops

and lucky to have a crew with many talents to assist, i never did crap with my old man, he was too busy opening stores for a major chain
Old 02-24-2007, 01:07 AM
chickenman

Now that is a class act.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Keeper has failed to amuse us
The acorn did'nt fall far from the tree. Being injured on the job and retired early has certainly been a blessing in disguise.

thanks all for the encouraging comments

Last edited by Keeper; 02-24-2007 at 08:25 AM.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:43 AM
B-roadglide

Angle that is a great looking scooter and you should be proud to ride it anywhere.
Old 02-24-2007, 12:36 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-roadglide View Post
Angle that is a great looking scooter and you should be proud to ride it anywhere.
I am happy with the way the "Red" Indian came out...added a shot of the primary side to post 15
Old 03-11-2007, 09:25 PM
GazintA Prime

bobsled77 has failed to amuse us
kewl looking scoot ya got there!

Cause i'm canadian EH!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:27 PM
captainlee

yep great looking bike !!!!!!
Old 04-18-2007, 12:13 PM
Banned

sonoffatboy has failed to amuse us
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angle View Post
Good Morning guys,
This Scout has always had a wet clutch and chain. Never had a primary belt, just chain. We've toyed with the idea of converting to dry/belt, but could'nt justify the expense. This is too new still. It was rarely ever ridden.

Winters work.....FTF! I began with stripping the bike down and discovering how Indian did things. First off, it is my believe, that they used the BEST of everything with no short corners taken. We wanted to do this on our own w/o buying everything.

The motor was left alone. Its a very light bike and has plenty of power for me.
The kids and I wud Pow Wow and throw around our ideas. We changed the location of the tanks a bit to start.
We then lowered the rear fender 1.5" by re-drilling the struts. Did'nt want to use the shock kit.
Welded up the front and rear seat brackets for the solo. The brackets for the HD FX/FL ST mounts were to high up and ugly, so we saved $ and made them.
This began to give me the look I was after.
We needed to add some copper to take it to the next step. WE looked into McMaster-Carr for our metal needs. Bought some tempered solid copper which we used for the shift rod. Used copper tubing for the gas overflow and Oil pressure line.. Picked up copper braid oil line from Namzccp. Had the head breather tube copper plated and built an EBOC canister from a brass fire extinguisher and an old left over eboc for the top and bottom end breathing system.

The handlebars took awhile to decide on. I'm to big for short bars and have always needed apes. Found these out in California. There 1.25" bars. I picked up an extended wiring harness on ebay and we rewired them.

Found the headlight and had it powdercoated. I felt the stock teardrop h/l was to big for the frontend. Indian shud have gone with the full wideglide but didnt. Its almost 1" narrower....not a narrow glide, and not quite a wide glide.
I cut up an old (cheap) leather jacket and made the grip covers as well as covers for all the pegs.
I took the dash panel off cause it was to big. One of my sons made a plain jane flat tank panel from aluminum, formed it to an old set of FB's and I covered it with a piece of the leather.
Took off all the billet and put them on the wheel to get them right. Went with a Barnett clutch. Also went with a heavier fork oil and a longer front brake line.
Used Klasse (2x) on all the paint. The only things left are adding/bleeding the brake fluid to the front and hook up the battery.
ALL , in my living room........I keep it nice and clean..........once and awhile.

outstanding...really like it...bike is a head turner for sure...very cool brass braided lines.....
Old 04-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Known Associate

redhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen withredhill is someone you wouldn't be ashamed to be seen with
yes , most excellent !!
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 PM
Pastor Pat

That's a beauty...nice work..very nice.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:34 AM
Gazinta Deck Ape

thanks guys.......I just can't get enuf of her!! I luv's my stroker.
Old 04-19-2007, 07:39 AM
R.I.P.
Never Forget - 343

Fire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up spaceFire46 does more than just take up space
Angle, she is looking really sweet. Can't wait to see her in person!

Old 08-20-2007, 07:03 PM
Gazinta Deck Ape

updated pic

just an updated picture.........

Old 08-20-2007, 07:06 PM
Double-D

Scabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suckScabbydoo can happily embrace the suck
Hey you old reprobate! How'd your Open House go this past weekend?

"Age is a case of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it don't matter."...Satchel Paige

"Mother Nature may dictate I grow older but there ain't nothin' nor nobody can make me grow up." ..Me