Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > The Attic > MoCo
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

MoCo The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.

Old 11-04-2010, 05:51 PM
Breaker of Stuff

Last Cigar Smoked: 601 La Bomba
Bone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowBone Stockman has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Here's my thing....

There's no doubt that bagger wobble exists.

But I take exception to the idea (reinforced here) that every time something bad happens, someone (usually a company with a lot of money) is to blame. I take even more exception to the idea that rather than proceeding with a trial and establishing what exactly was Harley's culpability, the lawyer and his client took the money and signed a confidentiality agreement. So, you know, f*ck you other Harley riders, I got mine.

Make Doof Clenas Fun Again (MDCFA)

Old 11-04-2010, 05:53 PM
grapenutless

Last Cigar Smoked: none of your danged business
y2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowy2kflhr has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Here's my thing....

But I take exception to the idea (reinforced here) that every time something bad happens, someone (usually a company with a lot of money) is to blame. I take even more exception to the idea that rather than proceeding with a trial and establishing what exactly was Harley's culpability, the lawyer and his client took the money and signed a confidentiality agreement. So, you know, f*ck you other Harley riders, I got mine.
I spilled my harley coffee on my lap and it was hot, those bastards......
who's to blame in 2014?
OH THIS IS SO NOODLES FAULT
Chitty Chitty

Old 11-04-2010, 06:13 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by '05Train View Post
Here's my thing....

What he said.

Ricky
it's only metal, we can out think it.....

Simplicate, never Complify
http://www.FraZzledEgGs.com

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 11-04-2010, 06:43 PM
Double-D
The Mechanic

d j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowd j has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Ricky, I looked at your bike that next morning in ES. It was readily apparent to me that the condition of your front tire was the main cause of your tank slapper incident.

Old 11-04-2010, 07:00 PM
Double-D

DaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milkDaSkip stays crunchy even in milk
When me and my buddies rode all over Colorado in '81, I started to notice a weird shimmy on the front wheel while riding the Million Dollar Highway. When we pulled into Montrose and we went to a bike shop. I had the front tire changed. It was like I bought a new bike. The shimmy was kinda of subtle though, nothing like what I envisioned Ricky went through.

Ich bin Sven Hoek.

Old 11-04-2010, 08:16 PM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

MrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowMrSurly has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Quote:
Originally Posted by d j View Post
Ricky, I looked at your bike that next morning in ES. It was readily apparent to me that the condition of your front tire was the main cause of your tank slapper incident.
After a fairly thorough investigation (detailed previously) I came back to that conclusion also, by elimination. I mean, I had the same thought process in ES, but I had to rule everything else out for peace-of-mind. The confusing part was that the wear of the tire was necessarily gradual, but the wobble event was sudden, indeed. There were no lesser wobbles or shimmies to telegraph a warning of something bigger in the offing. It was just instantaneously BIG.

AFTER the event it became gradually easier to make it recur.
This much I now know: given my riding style, on this bike, I will be replacing front tires EARLY.

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 11-04-2010, 10:03 PM
The other white meat

Last Cigar Smoked: La Aroma de Cuba Edicion Especial
Infidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowInfidel! has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Weebles wobbled, but they never fell down

I know you think you understood what I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

[
Old 11-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Pompous Prick

Last Cigar Smoked: Punch maduro
Slick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milkSlick stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by txhawg View Post
Weebles wobbled, but they never fell down
True dat.

Curt

Old 11-05-2010, 06:52 AM
Double-D
Formidable Faux

a weeble, then, I am.

and hope to remain

Ricky

Rhetorical Questions....
Who Needs 'em?

Famous Tripod
Old 11-05-2010, 06:56 AM
Trash

Last Cigar Smoked: The one in the ash tray
noodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glassesnoodles looks handsome even in Groucho glasses
I had a tank slap once.... I threw it in the trash so i suppose Keith has it by now~

®
Old 11-05-2010, 08:30 AM
Mike Oxbig 43rd

Last Cigar Smoked: I haven't lately...
Fe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever knowFe Butte has forgotten more about Harleys than you'll ever know
Mine will buck you off on a down hill right sweeper 70 plus, first time with the brand new factory tires, True track solved that.

Anyone ever watch at the bagger frame alignment over at Glide Pro, watch very close at the very end when he talks about fall away adjustment.

It's a good video.

MDCGA

The Road Goes On Forever...
To Ride is Life...

In search of the Doof 43. . . .

Colorado Motel Wreckers 2012 ... Midnight Riders of The Beartooth 2013...