Doof Clenas Forum & Collective

Go Back   The Doof Clenas Motorcycle Collective > Motorcycle Categories > Test Rides and Reviews
CHALLENGE COINS, PATCHES, TIMER COVERS, HATS, T-SHIRTS IN STOCK NOW - Click on the "Doof Wares" link on the menu bar... ------------------------------ Current Homeland Diaper Rash Level: Light Pink - Chafed, yet faintly amusing ------------------------------ Lady G's Doofishul Theme for August is: Redheads ------------------------------ LISTEN TO OUR NOT QUITE FINISHED THEME SONG... CLICK HERE!... THANKS, BUZZ!!!!

Test Rides and Reviews If you've gone out and ridden it... let us know your thoughts...

Old 09-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Public Doofender

Highmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milkHighmiles stays crunchy even in milk
Quote:
Originally Posted by OKC Fatboy View Post
The dealer that carries the Victory line has been around here in the City for at least 27 years, because I bought my first motorcycle from him, a Yamacrappy YZ 350 back when I was 16! Since he's riding a Vision, I doubt I have to worry about him dropping the line anytime soon...

Don't ride one unless you want to buy it. I am serious about this warning. I am seriously smitten by this bike...

Bob
The closest dealer to me is over 30 miles away, and the next one ,,,,,,,,,,,,, way farther.
I would be interested in riding one, but probably wouldn't be easily swayed. In spite of the grief we all give MoCo on the forum, there is a reason they are still number one in touring sales. In the course of many years of riding, I have tried other makes and models, that I felt might be an improvement, and have always ended up disappointed in the long run. Minor problems on one make, end up being traded for a different set of problems on another make. Over the years, I have learned that I am most satisfied with a Harley. I suspect the real test, showing the success of Victory, will be in the number of repeat buyers. I am sure it is a quality product, with great appeal to many riders, but will be interested to know how many return to Harley when it's time to trade.

Did you know I liked Bobbers?

Old 09-06-2009, 09:22 PM
Double-D

huckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suckhuckinfog can happily embrace the suck
People work hard for their money, they can spend it how they see proper. Personally, I can't get by the looks. It's like doin the wild thing with a really ugly girl, feels good til someone sees ya. It may grow on me, kinda like a fungus? Seriously, it may catch on. My biggest concern is measuring the total cost of ownership vs HD considering resale. I've heard that our local Victory dealer has 4 used visions, can't get a bite on one, and dreads having to try and take any more in trade. I was really happy with what I got for my 5 year old Harley. Maybe someday though, never say never.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:30 PM
gAZINTa-Delinquent

Thorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sockThorns doesn't need a tube sock
The wifey and myself test rode a Victory Vision today. Are you kidding me, that's not a motorcycle. The bike is well balanced, stops good, corners good, ride was ok, but it's like a big mass going down the road...way different from an Ultra. The thing I felt was a heavy pulsation from the engine when accelerating, and the noise was.....well, it was not the exhaust, it was from the engine and drivetrain, and it wasn't a smooth power roll on. The handle bars are different too, like too long of a pullback, they kinda disjoint you from the feel of the bike like understeer in the turns. The electric adjusting windshield was ok, the heated seats and hand grips were nice, and the audio system was like all the rest I've heard (screeching noise), but the whole ride was like I was inside somewhere looking out.....I'm gonna keep my RK, I guess I like the feel of a motorcycle.

Thorns

"The right of the people to keep and bear arms." "Gimme back, gimme back my bullets"